Wednesday, June 10, 2009

εχω χαρα!!!

Yes, even though Greek has begun and at times over the last several weeks, I have felt completely overwhelmed, I must say that I am enjoying Greek. I also freely admit that it has definitely been a humbling experience. Memory don't fail me now!

Tonight, I am appreciating the abundance of blessing in my life - looking across the room and seeing my DH sleeping on the couch - listening to his peaceful, even breathing. He totally deserves this BTW because he has been up since 3:30 a.m.! I do not tell him enough just how wonderful he is and how thankful I am to God for him! There is no way that I could live out this call that God has placed in my (really our) life without his love, encouragement and support. No doubt about it, he is my biggest fan, but there is so much more. I am so grateful that he is the best daddy that our two beautiful daughters could ever have. He is so caring and involved in their lives it seriously brings tears to my eyes.

I am thankful for the joy that comes in knowing that both girls are upstairs sleeping in their beds healthy, safe and sound. I have continued to witness just how fragile life can be and how absolutely necessary it is to live in the moment and to find joy, even in those moments where there is anything but joy to be found.

So goodnight sweet world for tomorrow waits on the other side of a good night's rest. Sleep tight.

No comments: