Friday, June 6, 2008

Taking the View Friday Five


Friday Five by Sally at RevGalBlogPals

1. How important is the "big picture" to you, do you need a glimpse of the possibilities or are you a details person?

I think that I allow myself to be buried by details. I enjoy looking at the bigger picture and believe that we all need to step out of the everyday details to notice the bigger picture once in awhile, if not more often. I need that to be able to refocus on what is important, you know, prioritize my life.

2. If the big picture is important to you how do you hold onto it in the nitty gritty details of life?

I hold onto the bigger picture by reading God's Word and praying, trying to submit to His will and I need that daily. While this sounds good, I admit that I am a control freak and so this is very difficult, which is why I need this everyday.

3. Name a book, poem, psalm, piece of music that transports to to another dimension ( one....what am I thinking....)

  • Claude Debussy's "Clair de Lune"
  • Smetana's "The Moldau" - I've always loved musical compositions that tell a story with instruments...
  • Genesis...In the beginning...
  • Chris Rice;
  • Sara Groves...

yes I could go on and on...

4.Thinking of physical views, is there somewhere that inspires you, somewhere that you breathe more easily?

I love the water - streams, lakes, the ocean...so sitting by a stream in the mountains, listening to the trickling or rushing water, is pretty close to heaven, in my opinion. Friends of ours have a cabin in upstate Pa, near the southern tip of the Grand Canyon of PA-yes there really is one-that we go at least once a year that is on the Pine Creek, pretty much in the middle of nowhere, but so perfect for pulling yourself out of the everyday details and centering oneself on what is most important! I love it!

5. A picture opportunity... post one if you can ( or a link to one!) Slate Run, my slice of heaven on earth -

1 comment:

Mavis said...

Great play. Good to see another newbie in the blogosphere. I just started in April. I think LOTR is the only thing we have in common - apart of course from belonging to that great family of faith in Jesus Christ. Nice to meet you and I hope our paths keep crossing (RevGals is a good place to meet. Warm regards.