Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Today's Journey


I was reflecting about how much I really do view my life in terms of journeys...my faith journey, my childhood, my young adulthood, my marriage, my motherhood, my ministry journey...

Earlier today I was reminded of a song by Sara Groves , in fact it was the song that I walked down the aisle to my DH on our wedding day to, entitled, "He's Always Been Faithful To Me."
I remember the year that we became engaged. That year was a year of highlights for me in many ways. Before our engagement I agreed and began preparing to co-lead a group of college students to Ukraine for a 3 week mission trip. It was at about the same time that I bought her Coversations CD. For every part of my journey that particular year from preparing to leave ("Painting Pictures of Egypt"), to becoming engaged to Dale("Hello Lord"), to being in Ukraine ("Tent in the Center of Town") and then finally culminating with our wedding, one of her songs spoke to me at every turn.

Pretty amazing! Did you ever have that happen? I've often thought of sharing with her my year of highlights reflected in her music. I think what is most amazing to me is that God uses what speaks to us most at that time, if we are only willing and open and listening...What is speaking to you? What is God whispering to you through His Word, other people that love you, strangers, music, poetry, nature...? Keep listening...I shall try.

No comments: