Monday, September 8, 2008

Long Time, No Blog

Whew, can ministry get a little crazy or what! I know, I know...I am just learning and am just beginning. Well, in addition to serving my 3/4 time church appointment, and my young family, I began seminary again last week. I am very much looking forward to my classes and getting back to studying.

I met another pastor in town a few weeks ago, our paths crossed doing ministry work - long story, not going to go there now. :) And from that I believe that I have found another mentor, never can have too many of them you know. And I met the local ministerium which I am quite excited about. We are working together to raise money to assist local families in need of assistance with heating costs this winter. Our lofty goal is $20,000, but we believe that it is attainable. Anything is possible with God's help, right!?!

I have concluded four cottage gatherings and it has been meaningful to spend time getting to know my congregation - sharing their memories of significant faith/church experiences and dreaming about our future ministry together. I think that I thought I would have it all figured out and methinks I am more confused than ever.

I believe that God is leading us into a time of reflection and a season of prayer. I really am so thankful to God for His leading and I pray that I will always be open to His spirit's nudgings. Our two worship services have been going well, at least as far as I can tell, though I still need to do some trimming in the traditional service as I have been going over time by about 10 minutes - yikes! Our praise service is looking, sounding, and feeling much more like a praise service, instead of a traditional service with praise music. I really have come to dislike the word contemporary in terms of services. What shall we call our second service, as I really don't like Praise service either? hmmmm...more prayer needed.

I remain grateful to God for everything! Blessings!

No comments: