Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Five: Signs of Hope

Thanks to Songbird from RevGalBlogPals for the invitation to hope!

My beloved speaks and says to me: “Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away; for now the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. The fig tree puts forth its figs, and the vines are in blossom; they give forth fragrance. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
Song of Solomon 2:10-13

In the late, late winter, as the snow begins to recede here in Maine, we begin to look almost desperately for signs of spring, signs of hope that the weather has turned and a new day is on the horizon. For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, Easter and Spring twine inextricably, the crocuses and daffodils peeking through the Earth as we await the risen Christ.

Share with us five signs of hope that you can see today or have experienced in the past.

1. More sunshine! :)

2. Flowers peeking through! ;)


3. "Wearing a coat optional" days! ;0)


4. Positive signs for the housing market - Lord please sell our house! :}

5. Just looking into those beautiful brown eyes and blue eyes of my precious little girls!


BONUS
Easter is coming! :-0
Yellow Peeps are in the stores - yum yum yum!

6 comments:

Mary Beth said...

the first picture made me smile ALL OVER MY FACE. thanks!

Bad Alice said...

I don't know many people who like Peeps, although I'm not sure what's not to like about marshamallowy stuff. I'm a jellybean person myself.

niwaki said...

My dad always loved peeps, so it is family tradition, I guess. :)

altar ego said...

Prayers that your house sells--glad the market is improving where you are!

Unknown said...

They are darling!

Jan said...

Beautiful girls and fun peeps--what a good season it is!