Friday, March 6, 2009

Time to Breath




Imagine Jesus directly addressing you, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."(Matthew 11:28-30)

This is an invitation for you to take time to rest, time to breath...take a deep breath. As you breath in, imagine that you are breathing in God, more of Him, more of His Holy Spirit. Linger there. As you release your breath, imagine that you are releasing to Him the heavy burdens that you have carried around for far too long.

When was the last time you pondered God? When was the last time you took time to allow Him to refresh you, to minister to you?

I have made many mistakes in this my first year of ministry. And I pray that I am learning.

I have realized the way I have been "doing" ministry has really become lazy. Yes, laziness in doing. God has brought me to the point of realization that "being" with Him is not at all lazy, but actually quite necessary. The more I am able to tap into the power of His strength, peace, grace, wisdom, the better equipped I am to do that which He has called me to.

How wonderful our Lord is. He does indeed offer rest and refreshment to the weary. He desires the best for us, and that is Him, above all. Thank You God for your awesome presence in our lives!

No comments: