Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Priorities...

Sometimes my priorities seem easy and just about as plain as the nose on my face. Jesus, family, ministry...well, okay I'm learning that it isn't quite that simple. :) Where to begin...there is much work to be done and it is all important, but defining what comes first, second, third and so on, isn't as easy as I thought. I seem to be praying for wisdom and openness in discerning what God's priorities are for our ministry at Bethany.

  • Rebirthing the second service, which is a praise service I think is first, hopefully being able to reach those in the community. I cannot thank the Lord enough that Bethany is so open to this! What a precious miracle :)
  • Working on Christian Education, specifically for a children's Sunday School program seems to be the logical second step as we begin to teach and provide solid Biblical teaching.
  • Revamping the Youth ministry is also quite important to Bethany and to me. So important to provide a safe place where young people can learn and grow and be challenged to find their own relationship with Jesus.
  • Another aspect that we will be looking at, beginning in the fall, is refocusing our mission and vision statements...I know that I do not know this community like my brothers and sisters do and so I need them to take ownership and engage in helping their new pastor form our future, so that with God's blessing, our ministry can flourish and touch those in our area that need to be touched with the healing, grace, mercy, acceptance, love that God has for them.
Did I mention that there is much to be done... I feel so grateful to have a strong core leadership team, a wonderfully gifted music ministry - in our Spirit-filled organist and praise band, thank you God - a mission-minded church...so many strengths. Lord continue to open our eyes, ears, hearts, minds to YOU and YOUR purpose for us in this place, at this time. I am totally 100% convinced that You have much to offer and much for us to do and I know that You are ever faithful and again I am grateful.

No comments: