Monday, July 7, 2008

Settling In...

It's been awhile since my last post, so I'll provide the update. Both DH and I have quit our old jobs - I have such a wonderful hubby! - and we have moved our family 45 minutes away from our old home to our new home, thus beginning a new chapter in our lives. Though I preached on June 29, I only began officially July 1 as pastor! I can hardly believe it. So now I have two Sundays under my belt.

Things seem to be going fine, though I know this church, as every church does, has some challenging times ahead. My prayer and my hope is that God will pour His healing love, grace and mercy on this congregation in abundancy and that we are able to redefine what His mission is for us.

Our two DDs seem to be adjusting well, though I know that they are missing their daily routines. DH is now home with them until we are able to find suitable daycare and he is able to then look for a job. My prayer is that he will find something that he will be happy doing and that he will be able to find his ministry, which is important to both of us.

We continue to feel blessed by this calling in our lives and look forward to wherever this path may lead. Blessings to you for the day!

No comments: